Sunday, August 10, 2008

1/2 Marathon = Trouble

I ran in the Provo River 1/2 Marathon with my brother and his wife this weekend only to discover that my injury from last year's marathons returned with a vengence. I was pretty disapointed to be running so well only to feel knee pain at mile 5, not even half way into the race. SO FRUSTRATING! I ended up finishing by running on my good leg, dragging my bad one, all the way to the end. I was pleased to finish but very mad that once again, an injury prevented me from running a competitive race. My brother did well and Brianne, my sister-in-law did awesome coming in in under 8 min miles. Me, well I will be making an appointment with the knee dr. this week. I guess I should just figure it is another way the Lord is trying to humble me. But hopefully I will have workouted all the "knee issues" (pretty sure I have ITB BAND) and can competitively run next summer.

5 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Hurt leg and you still beat me, well thats a disgrace for me and a attribute to you. My wife killed me as well. Talk about being humbled.

Krista said...

Sorry Kar! I can relate to knee problems! Oh, how I can relate!!!

The Yeager Family said...

I have SO much respect for you for even trying- but running really is so hard on your knees! I am so sympathetic to knee pain from my own history. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you- I mean it!

brandy said...

Its a lot better than I could do..Don't let it break your spirit.I used your same quote on my blog the other day that in your inspirational post. It is great. You truly away have me thinking how to be a better person every time we talk. Thanks

Nancy said...

Hey, so I was doing googleing and I remembered that you had a blog. So, I googled you amd found it. It is was cute. Hey, maybe I can keep track of you guys this way since we are in the other ward now. (i hope that we can still be friends since I am such a jerk and say mean things :)) Nice that it is 11:30 on Sunday and I am surfing the internet. Your little nephew is so precious!