Dave and both had heard of this family years ago but watching their show on TLC created so many questions... Are those kids really happy? How much money does that guy make to provide for 20 people? Why the dresses/long hair? Are they fundamentalists?
We were genuinely interested. However, the more we watched, the more we started believing they are really happy. They love one another, are disciplined, serve others, etc.
By the end of the night we realized what our family must look like to such people.
Two things came up today that I wanted to remember.
1. My girls are in swimming lessons right now and tonight Dave admitted to me that he told them to pee in the pool if they needed to go. Can you even belive that?? I am writing this because there has to be other dads out there who are guilty of the same laziness? Please, for Dave's sake tell me there is.
2. We have talked about possible future babies in our house lately and Ava usually scowls about the idea. Tonight she, out of the blue, said, "Mom, how about you eat me up and then I can be in your tummy and be your baby again."
I melted at that and assured her that she will ALWAYS be my baby. To that she smiled and gave me a big hug. Love that girl.
8 THINGS I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT1. Family/Friends 2. health 3. Influencing kids for the better 4. motherhood 5. Politics (a new craze of mine) 6. Learning/knowledge 7. The Gospel 8. running
8 WORDS/PHRASES I SAY OFTEN
1. It's freaky 2. Sadee don't 3. Ava please 4. Dave will you 5. I'm tired 6. I love my job 7. I really need to quit sugar 8. Why?
8 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1. Have more children 2. Keep a consistent journal 3. Complete a triathlon 4. Take my kids great places around the world 5. 100% debt free 6. Watch my kids graduate college, get married and have kids 7. Become a life coach- as soon as I figure my own out well enough! 8. Be an at home mommy more
8 THINGS I HAVE LEARNED FROM MY PAST 1. Every experience has a purpose 2. Sacraficing can bring great joy 3. Don't judge- it ALWAYS will return the favor 4. Everyone struggles 5. Laugh A LOT 6. Forgive and forget 7. Prayers do get answered 8. Our own perceptions can be VERY flawed- take others advice
8 THINGS I CURRENTLY NEED/WANT 1. My basement finished 2. A fench 3. A haircut 4. New skincare 5. A new BIG TV 6. my bumper on my car fixed 7. Food storage 8. the P90X workout system- don't laugh- you know you all are tempted to call and get it too!
8 People I Tag 1. Brianne 2. Krista 3. Jodee 4. Kim 5. Becky 6. Gina 7. Alisa 8. Jeff
I was thinking what movies I used to stay up on Halloween and watch as a kid. These made the top two.
1. Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin- the first thing I think of when Halloween approaches. I read the book as a kid, listened to it on tape like EVERY night in October and now have the little finger puppets to have my kids continue the tradition.
2. Ghostbusters- Isn't that where Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd made there real debue? Still love the song too.
As far as the scariest movies I have seen, which isn't many by the way because I HATE scary movies....
1. Watcher in Woods- holy cow. Even as an adult I wouldn't want to see this. It's creepy! And isn't it made by disney? So scary. 2. The Sixth Sense- liked this movie but was scared for weeks to be alone in a kitchen. Creepy as well, but creative. 3. The Ring- watched this in an outdoor theatre with some friends and I ended up leaving early because I thought it was insane. Shows like this wig me out. Can't watch them. 4. Wait Until Dark- Shout Out to Krista on this one. Old movie, but nontheless very scary. 5. Lady in White- Anyone seen this? I just think movies that take place in the woods are super freaky. Agreed?
Brianne, you should have a good list on this one. Your probably the only person I know that ENJOYS scary movies.
I finally learned the Thriller dance- something I have wanted to do since I was like 12-years-old. This is week in school I taught my 8th-graders the dance and now are joining in on Thrill The World World Record this month. Thousands of people will dance the dance on the same day at the same time to break the Guiness Book of World Records. Our school is pumped! How fun huh...
And did I mention I get PAID to play, dance and have fun with kids?? My job rules!
I think our Bunco group should learn the dance and perform it for our families. Hehehe!
Can I just say that being a Auntie to a new little nephew is oh so fun? I can hold him, play with him, rock him, and then, say bye-bye and have no worry about how the night will be. I think that must be how a grandparent feels. I am proud to say that after wrapping him in a tight burrito wrap he slept from 9:30 until after 6 am for my sister! I think that was a record. He is getting to be so cute, smiling all the time. I will admit that being around him tempts me. He makes me miss babies.
Sadee was selected to take home Marley the Monkey from school. She was so excited! Marley represents friendship, integrity, and other good character skills. So, over the weekend we took Marley around and taught others about those very things. I thought it was a genius idea.