Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm an AUNTIE!!



Yes, I am officially (I say officially because I inherited many neices and nephews when marrying Dave but this is the first birth on my side besides my own kids)an aunto my newest little nephew, Collin Ryan O'Berry, who made his arrival early Thursday morning weighing 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 21 inches long. He is beautiful, healthy and my sister is a champion mommy already.
Funny how things work out in life. I drove down to Utah on Wednesday afternoon to be there early Thursday morning for her induction. We went to dinner when I arrived Wednesday and hadn't sat down before contractions sent us immediately to the hospital. I guess that boy wasn't going to make his mommy be induced (something she wasn't very happy about). It was really neat to be there helping her and watching as little Collin was born. Especially because she did all the work!! What a miracle birth is. He is very cute.

4 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

What a great moment, the first nephew for me. I'm sure Alisa will love the bare shoulder pick also. Now its up to me, just wait another 4 years and Bri will start plopping them out.

The Yeager Family said...

Congrats on being an Auntie! That is so exciting- how great that your sister had you in there!

Lora said...

Congrats! How neat that you got to be there for this moment with Alisa. Can't wait to see him-

AO said...

Of course he is! And that picture...send it to me please. It was AWESOME! And it's true, I am a champion mommy :)