Friday, August 22, 2008

Sadee heads to school


My little Sadee started Kindergarten this year. She has been excited yet nervous for most of the summer, yet came home that first day and talked to me for 15 minutes straight about songs, friends, gingerbread man hunt, lunch, tire swings, and much, much more. She was so cute. I on the other hand, was a blubbering mother (something I don't do) about the whole thing. But, no one told me what a fun thing it is to have your kids come home and tell you about their day. It is my favorite new thing! She seems so grown up to me now- setting her clothes out each night, helping with her lunch and then waking up with a smile the next day to say, " I'm up mommy, it is school day!"
Ava has missed her a lot but each morning they hug and Ava tells her bye and to have fun at school. Precious I think. :)

I also started my new job at SMS teaching 7th grade PE and 8th grade aerobics and weights. IT IT IS SO FUN!!! I worried I might not have made the right decision but I did. It is fantastic. I work with great teachers, the funniest athletic director, the greatest kids around. I miss my girls but feel blessed to have lucked-onto such a SWEET position. I think I will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my job this year. YEAH!! out

9 comments:

Lora said...

A major step in your life, I know! She is so cute. Do you have all day kindergarten?

The Flynn's said...

One day last week when I picked Livi up from school, the first thing she said was "Mom, don't even ask me what we did today cause I don't remember." I think she hadn't had a great day and maybe she's tired of me drilling her for 30 minutes each day after school. It was funny though.

AO said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE the running pictures. And I can't wait for Sadee to tell me all about her days at school. How exciting! She is looking so cute as a kindergartener!

jeffandbrianne said...

Sounds like Sadee is having a fun time. Ava and Sadee are basically the cutest sisters I know. Tell Sadee good luck at school.

Krista said...

Your girls are so cute! I can't believe Sadee is in K already!! I can remember you being pregnant with her like it was yesterday. Time Flies! I am glad you love your job. That definitely makes it easier to go to work, doesn't it?

brandy said...

I knew that she would love it.
I so glad your year is going to be so good for you. It actually sound like you might have time to stop and smell the flowers. I am going to miss you at World. You have motivated me so much more than you know.

Love ya

brandy

Tom, Cyndee and the girls said...

I bet Sadee loved Kindergarten! She looks so cute! I had the girls' journel open ready to write quickly about their first day. I think they will like it someday and for me it just makes me feel good to be doing something I should be. Rachel loves first grade. I'm soo glad!

Clyde Family said...

Kari,
nicole wallevand how are things? IT is good to catch up with old friends.. boydandnicoleclyde.blogspot.com
You look so good and your girls are so cute!

jennai said...

Oh my gosh I love the running pictures cannot wait to visit that place