Sunday, September 21, 2008

Quirky Kari

And I tag Alisa, Bri, Gina, Becky, Tawnia, Jaclyn and Lora

Here are the rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them

1. I CANNOT make a pancake for the life of me! I either mush them, burn them or screw-up the recipe. Dave grew-up with perfect pancakes and in all my attempts to carry on the tradition, I have failed... royally!

2. I don't know how to do hair. Obviously I have the hair that does itself, along with my girls, so hair doing is NOT in the genes. All those cute updos and fancy twists and braids seem daunting to me, although I would like to have more experience in this area. At least Sadee says I need some.

3. I am scared of jeans... that's right. Jeans are like the the item of clothing that either breaks or makes your day and for me, usually breaks. None fit right, none are sized right, their expensive and uncomfortable. I do have some very cute jeans in my closet gathering dust that used to be worn (when cookies and peanut butter weren't quite so enticing), but I rarely wear them. I literally panic when I try them on just waiting for the drama to unfold. Very quirky I know.

4. I HAVE to read before going to bed at night... no matter what. Even if it is 2 am and I am exhausted I have to read to wind down. I sometimes only get through 1 page or less but it is a must.

5. I don't wear my seatbelt regularly... but enforce it in my kids like a NAZI. Tell me what is wrong with that. I don't really even know why I don't. I don't mind the seatbelt, don't even mind taking the 10 seconds to click it in. I just can't seem to automatically do it. My car is constantly beeping at me for this reason. I think my girls have giving up argueing with me about it because I, truely, don't even have a good reason... just strangly don't. Stupidity on my part.

6. I am EXTREMELY competitive! Ultra! It takes me 30 seconds to get into anything and want to win. I am like this with games, opinions, jobs, etc.

4.

3 comments:

brandy said...

I am the same about the seat belt sometimes.My mom is horrible. Trenten reminds her daily.OK the Jeans might need a some counseling.

The Yeager Family said...

Wow, I am amazed at how many of your quirks we have in common! We'll have to hang out more, Kari! Oh, and Bekah is dying to play with Sadee.

jennai said...

That was a cool post with good writing style and pictures