Thursday, April 16, 2009

Salt Lake City AHOY!

It's now less than 48 hours away and I am SO EXCITED! Nervous buy mostly excited. The journey of training this season for running has by far been my most memorable season yet.
I was finally able to overcome a very discourging ITBand injury with the help of the GENIUS foam roller (thanks a million ABBIE!)
I kept up training through the winter this year with purchasing a tredmill (thanks honey).
I committed completely to training this go around, and not just my body. I spent lots of time reading and researching mind/body connections and including vizualizations, affirmations and lots of other cool stuff into my routine. I'm most excited about seeing the affects of that.

So off I go. Not by any means my first race but definitely the most anticipated. I am going after my PR afterall, a 1/2 marathon in under a 7min mile pace. My bags are ready and the sub at school is too, so tomorrow I leave with Dave (my cheerleader) to see if any or all of this really will pay off. A little stressful....

ALTHOUGH.....

This is what i keep telling myself this week.

Kari, the training is over. You've done all you can do. Be confident that your body will do what you've trained it to do. Now you can relax, rest, and enjoy the ride. It will be a great run!!


Wish me luck... I'm going to need it.

8 comments:

Larsen said...

You and Jessie! One can not keep up with you two girls!

SOOOO, your blog isn't scrolling when you update for me. I dont' know why!

I deleted you and re-added you and still nada.

Anyway, good luck this weekend!

Matt and Jessie said...

I am excited too! I will see you at the starting line, and that is probably the last time since you are gonna smoke everyone!! You gotta give me some more tips to get fast for the next one.

Krista said...

I'll wish you luck, but let's be honest...you're not going to need it. :)

Larsen said...

Okay now your scrolling.

You are going to do great!

Have a good run!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!! We need to do a race together when I come back to SLC in a couple of months!!

Nancy said...

Good Luck! I know that you can kick so serious bum out there!

AO said...

I just hope our little sick family doesn't stop you from the rest that you need and also that my voice comes back in full gear so you can hear me above everyone at the finish line! I can't wait to see you finish, no matter what the time!

Tim said...

Kari,
Good luck on your run. You've been amazing in your training and I know your going to do great. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.......and expect to see a
1st place medal from you!!

Bishop