Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day






Mother's Day is notorious for being an Alexander's book (The Terrible, No Good,....) kind of day for me. I think out of all my roles in life I seem to fail more as mother than at anything else. IT IS HARD WORK! My children are my greatest joy and greatest investment but it challenges me. Just when I think I've conquered something I am humbled to realized I am just more prepared for the next hurdle. But days like today allow me to regroup and have added strength.

TODAY WAS GREAT

Here's the highlights and few pics

1. Ran 14 miles this am before ANYONE was even awake in this town. :)
2. Had a beautiful plant and sweet little cards to come home to. Thanks guys.
3. Had a nap. :)
4. My dad grilled lemon pepper salmon for me WITH fresh pineapple. YUMMY!
5. I had strawberry shortcake for dessert.
6. The weather was nice enough to spend almost all day outside. LOVING THAT!
7. My kids didn't nap so you guessed it... they're almost in bed. A rare occurence at our house.
8. And finally, I was able to reflect on this year as a mother and appreciate all us girls have accomplished together. We did a lot Sadee and Ava!

Thanks Dave for all your love and support for me as a mother and as a person. No one is better at validating my efforts and encouraging me to go after my dreams. I love you babe.

3 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Happy Mother's Day Kari. Hope you had a great one. Your a great one and have the cutest and sweetest little girls on the planet.
jeff

Larsen said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day...and I am so happy for you!! Being a Mom is a super tough job.

You are succeeding at it, though, don't you worry! You are.

Gina

AO said...

Love the pictures, glad you could spend Mothers Day being a mommy!