Saturday, November 1, 2008

It was a happy, happy Halloween!



Halloween is just so fun! Every year I think of all the fun things our family can do to make October special. This year we visited the pumpkin patch, decorated our home, read spooky stories, and made way too many treats! Thursday I took the day off work to spend the day in Kindergarten with Sadee. Friday our school danced the Thriller (sidenote- we will be on TV on Sunday night, channel 3, at 5:30 and 10:00pm) and I chapperoned the dance- too funny. It made me think back to 8th grade dances. You know, where everyone WANTS to dance but no one really does? Lots of memories there. We also did the classic Trunk or Treat and then had friends over for a night of ghoolish fun. Food, games and even the classic Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. Sadee went as Cleopatra, Ava Pocahontas, Dave the Mexican Moffia and myself, a flapper. We cracked up at all of the adult costumes. Below are the pics- I also included a video of Dave bobbing for apples. I think I disturbed my kids as I forced his head into the water. It was really funny.

11 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Great and cute pics. I have so much pride for my nieces. Video was hilarious (at least you know Sadie will protect Dave if you become a physically abusive wife). Which we could have been at your party?

jeffandbrianne said...

Love it! You all look awesome! You're so creative Kari. Oh and loved the sound of your girls screaming "Mom! Mom!" in the background. Hahaha.
-Bri

lexie said...

It sounds like you guys had a way fun month. I am glad that your thriller dance went well. Your girls looked so cute. I loved the costumes!

Krista said...

Looks like so much fun! I am still jealous that you got to dance Thriller. I bet that was awesome!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures...love the costumes!! I love that you all dressed up...I need to be better at liking Halloween!! :) Cute stuff!

Bobbi Lee said...

Your costumes turned out great!

Nancy said...

What a fun Halloween. So, I saw you on TV. It was Awesome. I made Richard stay up late with me and watch it, actutally we DVR'd it so we will always have a copy of it:)
So, how is Sadee's skirt? Let me know.

AO said...

I will have to watch the video again, but the costumes....AWESOME! I wish Baby Spider and family could have been there.

AO said...

Okay....that is HILARIOUS video... bless Dave's soul

Tim said...

Kari,
I watched your clip on the news last night. Congrats!! It was awesome!! Way to go! I'm proud of you, keep up the good work!

Bishop Belnap

Prudent Family said...

So I saw you on the news. Way cool! I am jealous of your job. I think that would be way fun to teach P.E. Way to go! Cute video too by the way and cute kids!