Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wrestling


Being a PE teacher I am aware of what kids are great athletes and what kids aren't. Love them all but I am obviously aware. Teaching this year has me 100% convinced that wrestlers are the hands down the most refined athletes in school. I am also here to dispel the ever popular comment of "Wrestlers are GROSS!" I think not! They have endurance, grit and an incredible amount of discipline. I dated wrestlers in high school and thought they were sexy! Such hard workers. I remember the crazy dates where I was the only one eating at dinner because my date was 3 lbs too much for the next days meet. Or they couldn't come to the football game because they had to run off weight or meet with coaches to master moves. Although every sport has some of that, I am here to tell you that wrestlers have my vote this year. No one in Sandcreek works harder than those 25 boys. Watching our school's team this year has me convinced that if I ever have a son he will wrestle. If for nothing more than the discipline.

No comments: