Saturday, October 11, 2008

Favorite Halloween Movies




I was thinking what movies I used to stay up on Halloween and watch as a kid. These made the top two.

1. Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin- the first thing I think of when Halloween approaches. I read the book as a kid, listened to it on tape like EVERY night in October and now have the little finger puppets to have my kids continue the tradition.

2. Ghostbusters- Isn't that where Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd made there real debue? Still love the song too.


As far as the scariest movies I have seen, which isn't many by the way because I HATE scary movies....

1. Watcher in Woods- holy cow. Even as an adult I wouldn't want to see this. It's creepy! And isn't it made by disney? So scary.
2. The Sixth Sense- liked this movie but was scared for weeks to be alone in a kitchen. Creepy as well, but creative.
3. The Ring- watched this in an outdoor theatre with some friends and I ended up leaving early because I thought it was insane. Shows like this wig me out. Can't watch them.
4. Wait Until Dark- Shout Out to Krista on this one. Old movie, but nontheless very scary.
5. Lady in White- Anyone seen this? I just think movies that take place in the woods are super freaky. Agreed?

Brianne, you should have a good list on this one. Your probably the only person I know that ENJOYS scary movies.

7 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

I've only seen two on your list: 6th Sense and The Ring and I love them both! I do have a long list of scary movies that I love but I'll admit, there is one that I would NEVER watch again and that's The Exorcism of Emily Woods. It didn't scare me while I was watching it, but oh my gosh, trying to sleep for the next 2 months was hardly possible. That movie puts FREAKY thoughts into your head!

brandy said...

The Ring I think is the scarest movie! It is the last one that I watched. Never will watch scary movie again.Charlie Brown is a huge Fav for all holiday's in our house.

The Yeager Family said...

I have been afraid of Lady in White since 4th grade. And Watcher in the Woods- definitely creepy. I can't stand scary movies, but every once in awhile, Scott makes me watch one. In 8th grade I made everyone at my slumber party turn off The Shining because I was so freaked out in the 1st tiny part! Yikes!

Krista said...

Good list, Kari. I haven't see Wait Til Dark for years...that show was creepy! I don't like scary shows anymore.

jeffandbrianne said...

What is with all the women hating scary movies now. I admit sometimes I get more scared than my wife but she likes them as of right now. Hopefully she doesn't become weak like all of you.

AO said...

I agree...watcher in the woods is the ultimate scary movie. I think it ruined me for scary movies from here on out. Sorry, can't comment much here.

Bobbi Lee said...

I love all those movies! And I agree with you, Watcher in the Woods still scares the crap out of me. The thriller dance was awesome! You are so much more daring than I am to do that in front of everyone. Hey, I need to get that Day Care lady's number from you...