Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Honey, will you PLEASE put up the lights?"

I finally said it. And it worked! Dave put up the lights within a week and they look presentable. Yes, we came across many of the same Christmas Vacation problems such as

- Ladder issues
- Miss stringing up a gable
- One light bulb on one string doesn't work
- And of course, after the lights were on only for 5 minutes, one entire string wouldn't work.

But I was out shopping when all of those problems occured.:) (Thanks Honey) I did however enjoy some of my own "fun" holiday shopping problems.

-Took both Ava and Sadee (call me a wimp, pathetic I know, but at Christmas time it is like every store has done everthing in their power to market to kids! It is like taking an alcoholic to a bar and then saying NO, NO, NO!. Drives me crazy.)

- While standing in line at ROSS (sidenote- has anyone out there NOT stood in line at ROSS like everytime they go there?)Ava slyly breaks open a Christmas basket and starts eating the preztels. It was 1 pm and I guess she was hungry. Love that. Also, the lady behind me's cart fell over causing her child to fall and get a HUGE bump. Poor kid.

-Had Sadee announce loudly in the middle of Best Buy- "Mom, we are too poor to shop here. The price of this TV is eight numbers long!" Thanks Sadee for keeping mom in check and everyone else laughing.

The day has a good ending. I was able to fill up for $1.41, took the girls to the library, didn't have to grocery shop, found the perfect gift for Dave, and the funkiest pair of PE shoes for me for only $12!

How does ANYONE shop for more than a few kids? Seriously, that takes major planning.

4 comments:

AO said...

I am still laughing out loud.... in a major way with this post. And yes, you should try Kmart on double coupons day..... it took us an hour, so I'm even more pathetic than you....but LOVE the Sadee comment about the numbers. Smartie pants that Sadee!

lexie said...

That is so funny! I am totally impressed that you got all that done in one day. My kids can handle two stores and then we are done. I loved Sadee's comment. It is true that 8 numbers long is way to expensive!

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun day. I need Sadee to remind me that I am to poor to shop anywhere:)

Larsen said...

Sounds like my life, but you are missing a child. Bahah!

Glad to hear you got those Christmas lights up.

And really, it's totally fine that your mom called me....8 am was the kicker, but we managed, and were still on time for church. Don't ask me how we did it though. I am not sure.

And yes, I need Sadee to remind me too, that we are too poor to shop anywhere but Winco.

Hope the weather holds up for us to get some good photos of your famly at Christmas!

Gina