Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Whoa There!


I shop often. I've never been good at storing food. I just am no good. BUT people, I will tell you, this week I saw a house that seriously...

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE


had so much food it was almost comical. I mean, I feel like I should give the address out so in case there's a major castastrophe so you'll know where to go.

I saw not only a full fridge and freezer but the following

I walk-in closet downstairs storage with EVERY kind of food you can imagine.
Another fridge outside full
TWO upright freezers full... I MEAN FULL!
A deep freezer full

I had the whoa there face I'm sure, but hello? Why even go to the grocery store?.. which they do often. I can't even afford a deep freezer let alone afford to fill 4 of them!

To there credit they are about the nicest family you'll ever meet and probably would feed anyone, anytime. I know they would.

5 comments:

The Wayments said...

You should meet my inlaws...a years supply for 60. They just want to make sure that their family is taken care of...plus our joint garden is about a half acre...good thing some are prepared

Krista said...

I lack in that department too. I have no place to store food. I need a bigger house....

Ryan O'Berry said...

Wow. Does she do coupons? HA HA I wish I had a bigger deep freezer now. You should see the deep freezer Ryan's dad has. It's HUGE! This is Alisa by the way, just too lazy to sign Ryan out and me in.

Larsen said...

We have a deep freeze adn it's so worth it...for bread alone!

That is so awesome for that family, and I hope to be taht way some day!

See ya tonight?

Anonymous said...

We have a deep freezer that is full to the brim with wild game. Tons and tons of wild game. Not my most favorite thing to eat, but if something happens at least we got the protein part covered I guess. Actually, elk is not half bad. :)