Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspirational

So I began the day with a quote that I found to be inspiring...
I struggle with able-bodied people who are paralyzed by fear.
- Christopher Reeves

I never would have guessed how it fit the day. As I was getting ready to teach my class at the gym this morning, a man walked in with dark glasses and a stick. He was blind. Not only did he complete the ENTIRE workout, he completed it with almost all audio clues. When talking with him after class he told me he went blind at the age of thirty (is now 50), competes in triathlons (tandum bike with his wife), is a bishop in a ward in IF, and teaches English to ELL kids who are also visually impaired. I was inspired by this man. What a great example he was conquering obstacles in our life.

Cheers to Bruce!!

2 comments:

AO said...

Wow...I got that text quote from you on my phone yesterday...but what an inspirational man. Wow....thanks so much for brightening my morning!

The Yeager Family said...

How inspiring! I need to hear things like this once in a while. Sorry we haven't gotten together. This summer is slipping right through my fingers. I wish it would slow down!
Are you guys going to the pioneer day party tomorrow? We can hang out there at least, and then maybe get the girls together for a back yard pool party soon. Your grass is in now, though :)