Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Reflection as a mother


Have you ever had one of those days where you seem to be more "in the moment" as a mother? Not super mom days where you feel like you accomplished EVERYTHING you needed to that day like laundry, practices, reading, errands, exercise, dishes, etc. but real mommy days. I had one of those yesterday, and it has renewed my spirit of raising kids and has made me so much more committed to having more "in the moment" kind of days. Here were the highlights:
When asked what she loves in life Sadee replied, "I love when you come and snuggle with me in bed before Ava wakes up. I love your smile mommy. I love drawing our family and laughing."
Ava saw me putting on my GPS for my morning run and asked, "Mom, is that your running costume? Does it make you go fast?"
Watching Sadee sit for 90min straight and draw
Watching Sadee help Ava put a bandaid on

I am positive this goes on everyday but I am usually too busy to notice. I was a more fulfilled mother by taking the time to observe.

6 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Loved the day thoughts, it definately touched me but I can only imagine what it did to you? Your kids are just awesome and way way funny, we have a lot to live up to as all of us say. Have a great day
Bro

Larsen said...

Yes, I love it when I notice my world around me. I try to do it all the time, but it's tricky.

Next week will be great for the shoot.

Gina

The Yeager Family said...

I am in desparate need of one of those kind of days! I'm glad someone had one!

AO said...

Oh, Kar...this post made me get teary-eyed...even without being pregnant. And that picture of Sadee in braids is SO cute!

jeffandbrianne said...

Precious. That was way sweet Kari. And Alisa is right, Sadee looks so adorable and so grown up in that picture.
-Brianne

Krista said...

Cute post, Kari. I think mothers need moments like that to keep going sometimes! :-) It was fun going with you to the park last week. Also, I love your family pic of the 4th. Very cute!