Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sister going to school

Today was the first day that we really talked, us girls, about Sadee going to Kindergarten this fall and Ava going somewhere different. Being the second child in my family, much like Ava, I empathisized with her on this one. The conversations went much like...

Sadee- I am so big now. I am going to school all day and am going to do everything all day with just me. I am five you know.

Mom- That is true. Five year-olds do go to school.

Ava- Mom, I am not two anymore.

Mom- How old are you then?

Ava- Five. You just didn't see me be other numbers cause you slept in today.


Ava would follow Sadee ANYWHERE. Any advice for making this transition better??? I am kind of worried.

4 comments:

AO said...

Oh my goodness.... this was too funny. I think there may be some serious hard times in the future for little Ava.... maybe you can take her to the school and say when you get two years older and bigger, you can go to school...but what do I know about parenting? Nothing...but I'm glad Ava thinks she is so big, and would follow her big sister anywhere. Is that how you felt/feel about me? Hopefully Sadee won't be "too" cool to Ava.... I should ask Shanna what she plans to do with Brandon and Eric...she is in the same situation, with somewhat similar personalities :)

Anonymous said...

aww...sisters!! I wish I had some amazing advice for you that worked...but I am afraid I am going through that same thing...Brooklyn would do ANYTHING Kylee did if she could! She gets so sad if Kylee leaves without her!! Well, at least we can say that they do love each other!! :) Good luck!

jeffandbrianne said...

The story cracked me up. Thanks for the line by line dialogue. I do like Alisa's idea of taking her to school and showing her around alot. If I were the parent I would hand her to Bri and tell her to deal with it. JK Just take with her and explain with age comes responsibility, homework, what kid wants to do homework and have to obey all day long. Make it sound fun where Ava's going but you have 5 years of parenting to my 3 hours that one night so don't take my advice.

Krista said...

Ava's comment was the best..."You didn't see the other numbers because you slept in" Haha! How would she even think to come up with that! Sorry, I don't have any advice. That's hard!