Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The devil itself


I am not stretching the truth at all when I say to you that I have ate 5 bags of these in the last week or so. It's really actually embarrassing to admit this but as they say...

"My name is Kari and I am a mini egg- aholic."

They are the devil. They call to me. I can't resist them. I dread even seeing them at the grocery store because they are like drugs calling. Remember that line of the 80's movie Mannequin, with Hollywood and the donuts. Amen to that. I can surpass most anything but not these people. You'd think I would get sick of them huh? Not so. They are killing my efforts to race! MUST FIND A SOLUTION!

However, on a more positive note- I ran my sprints for the first time yesterday with out stopping or slowing down.... YES! Also, the roads are clear so I ventured outside for a run today. Yes, I was supposed to crosstrain and my legs are SORE as heck from plyometrics all week in PE but I couldn't surpass the clear roads. So, I bundled up the girls, pumped up the tires and dragged Dave out for an evening run. It felt wonderful! Maybe I burned off 1/2 a bag of chocolate.

And of course Dave gave the kids a thrill by running them in and out of snow banks.


10 comments:

Larsen said...

Bahahahah! That is hilarious, becasue those aren't the easter candies that call to me, but I have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far I haven't bought any easter candy....so we are doing okay.

And I DO NOT need the extra calories, as I am pushing my weight enough these days.

Gina

Anonymous said...

I have an Easter candy problem too, but it's not the mini eggs. It's the Hershey's chocolate eggs. That hard crispy shell. Ambrosia Fruit of the Gods!!!! Good thing they only come out at Easter, but I haven't bought any yet! :)

Krista said...

"They call to me in the middle of the night...Hollywood! Come and get me Hollywood!" Your comments totally reminded me of mannequin. Haha! Joe and I LOVE those too. But we haven't bought any yet this year. We feel your pain.
PS- Way to go on your sprints!

jeffandbrianne said...

All I have to say is you girls and your dang chocolate. What is it about chocolate that calls to women? The world or husbands for that matter will never know. Keep running hard, and get over this WofW problem with the Eggs.

The Wayments said...

I love love love those too! I have only had 1 bag this season. It helps that the nearest walmart is 25min away. I think when I was pregnant with carson I averaged 2 bags per week. Crazy. No wonder I gained so much weight with him. They really are the devil.

Anonymous said...

I am addicted as well...I was at walmart the other day and was FURIOUS because they were out....what's a girl to do?!? aaahhhh...I love them.

The Yeager Family said...

I have to say, I love that you are human! Also, I'm sure you burned more than 1/2 a bag.
Seriously I am so inspired by you and your training. Well, maybe more just impressed. I really haven't done much because I keep getting sick. But someday, I hope to be just like you. :)

AO said...

I must be avoiding the "devil" very well in my busy state of life. I haven't even had time to go to stock up on these babies.... but last year the after Easter sale, I got the big bags, for....50cents. Now THAT was the devil. I need to watch Mannequin again :)

Lora said...

You are not alone Kari! Those mini eggs are the bomb!!! They are my favorite too~ We, or more like... I ate one bag last week!

Cheree said...

I think you have earned the right to eat what ever you want. I know from when you lived by me that you always ate so well. I know this my sound bad, but it is nice to know that you have some down fall, it doesn't make me feel so bad.