Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Financial Makeover

Dave and I, or more so I am reading this book by Dave Ramsey.



I know he offers classes and some of you are taking them but we decided to save the cost and time of taking classes and read the book and do what we can on our own first. Finding an empty night to go seemed impossible. So my question is who out there has read this and what do you think? Or maybe more important....

What are some of things your family does to be financially sound? What is your greatest saving tips?

We are welcoming all suggestions.

3 comments:

AO said...

I don't even know who Dave Ramsey is, but I always have financial advice to pass along, but too much to leave in a blog commment and too personal. Call me sometime. I should put this book on my to read list though.

jeffandbrianne said...

The book sounds like a good one. Thats the next book Bri and I want to read is one about finance. My advice, keep a budget. You may not be always perfect in it but it helps you see where you can improve and the potential money you could have if you are careful. I like Microsoft money but others work.

Mama Yo said...

I love Dave Ramsey! This book has changed my outlook on my financial life and it is a MUST READ for everyone! I too, opted out of doing FPU, because of cost and committing to doing it every week (we have crazy schedules too!). He is also on 580 KIDO every night from 6-9 (or you can listen to him live from his website from 12-3).

Just came over to thank you for linking to us, but couldn't resist to comment on a Dave Ramsey post! The most effective thing I have been doing is couponing (of course), and also this new thing I just started... freezer cooking. I'm planning on blogging about this and Dave Ramsey very soon! I love finding fellow DR fans! Woo hoo!

p.s. - really, thanks for the link :)

- Cathy
http://fabulesslyfrugal.blogspot.com