Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is this what a real mom feels like?


I'm home today. I decided to to take the day off for a 10 minute doctor's appointment and spend the rest of the day with Ava. She has sent out very obvious signs that she is mother deprived lately, speaking candidly about how she isn't going to grandma's again, or staying home with Dad. We shared a cinnamon roll this morning for breakfast, shopped the INCREDIBLE Target winter clearance, spent lunch with Sadee at school and are now will be making cookies! I might even do laundry at 12:00 on a Thursday- that is a very strange phenonmenon for this house. :)

I can hear Ava playing in the toy room, I can make my lunch and NOT have to put it in a brown bag, all while sitting in my home. It's funny how we take those little things for granted.

My point being, it is really nice. I could get used to this. I think a four-day work week would suit me, and Ava, just fine. It is being talked about at the education legislation this Saturday to help save money in the state.

Now wouldn't THAT be cool?!

I'm off to pick-up the morning craze, make those cookies and enjoy these last few hours with Ava before Sadee needs picked-up from school.

Hope your day is great too!

5 comments:

AO said...

I TOTALLY appreciate the making lunch at home, while being at home...I was able to do that for so long and really appreciated it. Now I try and put something together I can eat in the car driving home to feed Collin on my lunch hour, so I technically don't have a lunch hour. Wish I could be there to play with you guys! Collin does too.... I LOVED those 3 months I just got to stay at home. Ahh......

Nancy said...

I am so glad that you are home today. It is really nice to be home with the Kiddo's.

Krista said...

I bet Ava is loving having you all to herself. I hope you get to switch to a 4 day work week. That would be awesome! You are a wonderful mom, Kari.

The Dahlstroms said...

Hey, Kari I am so glad you found me. It has been fun to read about your little family. Your daughters are so beautiful!

jeffandbrianne said...

Even though kids are not in the near future, I'm excited to have times like that. Hopefully our plans go right and that I'll be able to stay home. It sounds so fun!