Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year, New Us

So it is so cliche' but I had to post our hopes and aspirations for 2009. I have earnestly taken to heart that saying of 'Work hard at what you can do, and even harder at what you can't'. That pretty much sums up what my personal goals are this year. Just overall improvement with a fearless courage to attempt and go after those things which have seemed just too daunting.

1. Spend more time as a family- with Dave and I both working full-time it seems we let the week get by us without doing lots as a whole family. We hope to improve on that.
2. Be moderate people when it comes to junk food- our family does eat healthy, I won't deny that. However, we can down a batch or cookies or a quart of Cold Stone like no one else around. This year we hope to be a little less that way.
3. I want to take part in more of the things Dave loves and he in the things I do- aka- I need to ski more and watch more sports- Dave needs to read more and exercise with me. :)
4. Save, save, save and work towards being debt free!
5. Build a substantial food storage- this was our Christmas wish and thanks to my parents we are on our way!
6. Prepare our family in all ways for more children- don't be thinking this means more than it means. It just means that moving from a family of 4 to a family of 5 seems like a fairly big change. We want to be ready.
7. Become a more inspiring teacher with a greater dedication to helping teens find self-convidence/responsibility/motivation, etc.
8. Up my certifications in group fitness and attend convention in the summer!
9. Run a 1/2 marathon in less than 90 minutes- I am going to get it this year :)
10. Dance more!
11. Be a more disciplined person- that pretty much sums up all the rest- cook more, quit biting nails, attend the temple more often, etc.

8 comments:

Krista said...

Good goals, Kari. I hope you achieve them all!

Larsen said...

Good Goals. I agree. I never make any kind of list of thing I want to do better at.

I usually only pick one thing, too. I am not very good at improving in lots of areas all at once.

I am a loser, I know!

My goal is to look into a photography class, and read the D&C lessons.

That is it for me.

Boring huh!

See ya around.

Baby no. 5 is not going to notice if you are ready or not by the way! hahah!!!

That is a great goal! Least I thought so. I can't wait to see you preggie!

AO said...

Wow.... I haven't even set my resolutions yet, but I admire yours :)

Anonymous said...

When you figure out how to conquer that nail biting one...give me a call. I'd love to know your secret.

jeffandbrianne said...

That is pretty impressive my sister. Now you have to complete all of them. Not bad at all, IMPRESSED. I thought skiing on the mountain not the cat track would also be one.

Nancy said...

What good goals.
You guys look like you had an awesome Christmas. I can't believe how big Sadee looks in your family picture.

jeffandbrianne said...

Very good goals, you guys can do it! And thanks for the nicest comment ever :) You're so nice!

Lora said...

Maybe I can get inspired now, after reading your goals! You are awesome! Thanks!!