Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas has been WONDERFUL this year! I contribute most of that to having Dave off work for almost 2 weeks and myself more than that. We have had so much fun as a family skiing, sledding, visiting family, shopping, staying up late and SLEEPING IN- both a rare phenomenon in our household.
This year we were able to spend time both here with my family and in Utah with Dave's family. My mom hosted Christmas Eve dinner this year and Christmas morning fun. After spending the rest of the week with my family we traveled to Utah to spend the next week with the Atkinson's. All three of his sisters came with their families to Utah from Georgia, California, and Arizona to spend time with family. With nine grandkids under the age of 10 you can imagine the fun the girls had playing all day long (and night) with cousins they never get to see. It was so fun as a parent to see them together and reconnect with family we never get to see.

Derek, my brother-in-law hooked us up with Rock Band, my new favorite time-waster (hahaha), and we had a blast rocking out to old nineties hits. Thanks Derek. What would I have done while you crazy people were playing in the emotion bowl upstairs?

Tom, another brother-in-law hooked us up with the P90X so the Atkinson's will be getting ripped! HAHA. Tom has been running like crazy in Georgia and earned the award for most coveted physique this weekend. :)JK Nice work "To-mas".

We also helped Katherine, the SWEETEST girl around, celebrate her 4th birthday. We hadn't seen Katie for SO long. She has grown up to be such a sweet, fun, and beautiful little Richard!

Between snow fights, games, food and kids we all had a very busy, but relaxing time.

Overall it was a wonderful holiday filled with many fun memories.

Cheers to an even more eventful 2009! Dave and I have the list of goals ready to go. :)

2 comments:

Larsen said...

Hey, I am glad to hear that you were able to see both sides of your families. Nice! Lucky!

I am really sorry that the weather was insane!!!! And now look at it, cold, but reasonable.

What a joke.

Let your mom know I am sorry about that.

Gina

Krista said...

What an eventful Christmas! I love seeing family this time of year. I am glad we still continue our Christmas Eve parties eventhough our families are getting big. It wouldn't be the same.