Sunday, January 11, 2009

P90X... we take the challenge



Don't laugh. You've all seen the commercials and wondered if it really works. My bet is yes. The theory behind the whole program is years old, but yet genius. It reminds me of old man training. Stuff that everyone used to use to get fit but has been forgotten in the age of technology and gagets to accomplish vertually the same thing. We discussed this in depth at Christmas time and now, being hooked-up with the program for free from our brother-in-law, we are embarking this week. Yes, we have done the videos here and there, but this week we are going to follow the program to a T, writing down our reps and weights, taking measurements, etc. I am even going to postpone my favorite workouts at the Apple (besides the nights I teach) to join Dave in the fun in our very own basement these next 3 months. I figure we'll accomplish three things

*more time together
*save money on gas to and from the gym each morning
*sexier physiques:)

I consider we both are already in fairly good shape, myself more cardiovascularly and Dave more so strength. Dave can pump out 15 pull-ups, myselft only 7 but were fairly even with push-ups, both around 60. I run the mile in about 6 min, Dave in 7 and I am positive my flexibility is superior but after taking on YogaX that could change. So, yes, we are are looking to step it up a notch. You know, we want the whole effect of

"Honey, you are looking SO fly"... when we go on our first cruise we'll be saving for this year too.

But more than anything it will be a way for us to bond- something you ALWAYS get when you get sweaty.

6 comments:

AO said...

Wow... can't wait to see the new sexy phsyiques! Yes, can't spell...and your first cruise? Now THAT I can be excited about!

jeffandbrianne said...

Cruises are awesome. I think its awesome you and Dave are doing it together. Who will have the better transformation is the question now.

Krista said...

Man, I wish I had good joints so I could do something like that. I miss jogging. You can run a mile in 6 minutes?!! That's insane! I have never been fast, I just like to run for exercise.

lexie said...

Spencer does the p90x.It totally works, and it will totally kick your butt! I have done the yoga work out and it is tough but awesome. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We bought the P90X system. So actually starting it will be the key. I watched a couple of videos and HOLY FRIJOLES!!!! I'm concerned about my muscles. Keep ya posted....

jeffandbrianne said...

Yeah! Sounds fun...and tough! Glad Dave is up for the challenge. How long is the program?