Saturday, January 31, 2009

"We Like to Move It Move It"


My girls love to dance and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. Dance is one thing I feel like I missed out in life BIG TIME. I attend a weekly hip hop class and will be taking ballet this summer (yes, I am the one attending at age 28, cool huh!) so to see Sadee and Ava interested in expressing themselves through movement is VERY cool. I get them watching about every dance show out there.

This semester I am teaching hip/hop in PE. I wore about the best "bad a--" outfit around. It really is a shame I didn't get a picture. Just picture lime/orange/magenta hemp shoes, brown leggings, and army tank with an orange shrug and HUGE black Sandcreek PE shorts. WORD people. It rocked. And after weeks of hip/hop I have to give myself props, I'm a decent dancer. Those rolls and slides and stalls are working out. YEAH
We learned the first 32 counts to Elevator by Flo Rida on Friday, and yes, I was laughed at all day but I consider it a compliment when a student says this...

"Mrs. A, I want to grow-up and have as much fun as you have." Have it now I said!

I don't think I have had that much fun in PE all year!

4 comments:

AO said...

Video please. Seriously....or redo the picture. Collin wanted to see it! WORD

Krista said...

I'm with Alisa. I want to see it. And I wish you would have been my PE teacher. Your class sounds WAY more fun than any of the PE classes I took.

Larsen said...

I agree that you should have video for us all to see.

Sounds like fun is happening in PE!!

Cheree said...

Hey Kari,

I am so glad you found me. I have wondered how you and your family have been doing. I love your girls hair. They are so cute and so fun to see them so grown up.
We will have to keep in touch through our blogs.