Saturday, March 21, 2009

1st Felt Fantastic!

I won... and it felt great. I was ready with lots of determination on this one which paid off.

I was the 1st female and 3rd overall with only 2 SUPER RUNNER men ahead of me. But I have to say the best part of whole day was crossing the finishline and having the director of the race say..

"WHO ARE YOU?!" " Are you a local?"

That was better than any prize or time. I also met the "famous" people from the Idaho Falls Magazine headed to Boston this year and even got an invite to run with their group. Coolio!

My time was 40:14, a 6:24 avg. pace- a little slower than I wanted but enough to win.

Next race i will...

1. Strip more layers before starting... I got VERY hot!
2. Use the bathroom RIGHT before the race.
3. Have overcome the chocolate problem. :)

Dave snapped a couple pics and the girls came with their pom poms to cheer me on.

Now onto SLC!
Ready to roll...



The last 1/2 mile



Happily finished

10 comments:

Krista said...

You are amazing, Kar! I wish I could run that fast. You go girl!

Matt and Jessie said...

You rock! What can I say, I only saw your pink jack up ahead for about a half mile and then that was it! Congrats!!!!

The Yeager Family said...

You are fantastic! What an inspiration.

Larsen said...

HOT! Good for you honey! I am so happy for you that you feel you did well. I love the feeling of accomplishment and a job well done, regardless of what aspect in life it is. You run, I scrap. {among other things.....} And it's a fantastic feeling to have someone compliment or imitate your work.

Good luck in SLC!!!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration, Kari. Congrats on your 1st place finish!

AO said...

I SO wanted to put a little pic and shout out to you on my blog before you got your little story posted, but alas, I didn't. CONGRATS! Collin and I can't WAIT (okay, maybe just me) to see you WIN in Salt Lake City! Seriously, GREAT JOB! Now you are THEE runner in IF!

jeffandbrianne said...

You are so freaking cool. Enough said.
-Brianne

Nichelle said...

That is so AWESOME!!! Great job Kari!!! Congratulations!!!

lexie said...

That is so awesome! Way to go! I am totally impressed with your time. You are super mom!

Rebekah Rose said...

AWESOME!!!! Way to go girl. So proud of you. With that speed you can just run your way over to arizona for a visit:)