Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'M ON MY WAY BABY!


This weekend's run was awesome. I was so proud of my progress that I had to take a picture of the stats. I am definitely pumped about racing after my PR this running season after this weekend's long run. I think it might be one of the best long runs I've ever had and it was even on a tredmill.

13.1 miles in 1:37:04

I am amazed at how comfortable a 7 to 7:30 mile pace is for me now. Speed work WORKS people!

Now if I can just kick about 30 sec or so off each mile and stop stuffing my face with chocolate I will have my sought after time of 90 minutes or less.

YEAH!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Awesome! Way to go!

AO said...

Wow.... I expect to see you running the half marathon in the Olympics someday....just joking, but I KNOW how much this means to you. Great job! Can't wait to see you cross the finish line!

Kate Larsen said...

Okay, Kari, I've been wasting my life away on the computer tonight and I found you! Call me this week so we can catch up! I miss you!

jeffandbrianne said...

Great job Kari, I am pumped for you to run it. Maybe we all can attend the race. Stop eating the dang chocolate, it is just food don't let it control your life.
Jeff

jeffandbrianne said...

Ahh!!! I wanna be like you!! That's so freaking awesome. If you ran that time on a treadmill and with no competition, it's basically a guarantee that you will surpass your goal. When we start training again, I want your plan!
Bri