Saturday, March 14, 2009

Upgrade PLEASE!


This a picture from last summer's Scenic Falls 10k. I did well. I ran a respectable 44:02 and won 3rd overall and 1st in my age division.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

This next weekend I'm shooting for an upgrade. I want to win. No, I can't predict the competition but I am going to run my guts out and hope that my training pays off and I can run a sub 40 race and grab a win this time around.

6 days to go.

Today's time was 39:51...

Now we'll see if it's enough to win.

4 comments:

Larsen said...

Um, I can get up my stairs in 1 min 14 seconds.

I should upgrade too.




You are truly amazing! I don't know how you do it.

And, thanks again, for taking Catelyn with you today. It just wasn't a good Sunday for Kyle to take her with him conducting and speaking in the Singles Branch. And Landon is too sick to take to chruch.

So, thanks, because I am sure she will have the best Sunday ever because I am not there to Mother her and she loves Sadie.

Honestly, the reason we thought of you guys came down to two reasons.

Dave being so awesome to take our movie back. And becasue I feel like through blogging I "see" you more and talk to more than if we didn't have our blogs, silly as it may seem.

Gina

AO said...

And yes, I can't wait to hear about the upgrade. I would just like to run 6 miles in a row again :)

jeffandbrianne said...

Ok, I'm so jealous of your amazingness! You will totally win, I know it! And we will be praying for your darned ITB. Also, Jeff told me you took an ice bath the other day. I may sound crazy, but aren't they the BEST?! People who've never done it just don't get it.

Good luck!

Cheree said...

WOW, you are amazing. What a great goal to shoot for. When I ran my first and only 5k, my goal was to run the whole time and finish.