Friday, June 12, 2009

I had it coming I guess

When you avoid the dr. because you think you can mentally out smart what do you get?

A nasty, nasty, case of STREP THROAT... the day before a big race.

Yep, that's what I've had all along. So much for sinus infection. Never had one. Which means I should have been to the dr. days ago. Stupid me.

But the dr. there was EXTREMELY nice and being an athlete herself she hooked me up with a shot of antibiotics and oral medicine as well. I will be having ANOTHER shot here in a couple hours to insure those anitbiotics are CRAZILY ATTACKING my throat.

Though no difference so far. I feel just as lousy. In fact, this is the first time since the dr. I've sat up and done something. The Grider kids, thankfully, are helping entertain Sadee and Ava but I regret to admit they ate Cheetoes and candy for lunch. Oh well.

I am praying with everything I got that tomorrow morning I will feel 10X better and be SOMEWHAT ready to run 13 miles. Competitively? Well that's another story. That expectation kicked the bucket early this morning. I'll be happy to finish.

1 comment:

Matt and Jessie said...

I am sure you will still do way better than the vast majority of people running in the morning! I will see ya in the morning. I hope you feel much much better by then!