Saturday, June 20, 2009

Like Mother like Daughter

Scenic Falls Saturday ended up being quite the event. I ended up signing up the girls to run the kids mile and believe or not, because I hardly could, Ava ran the ENTIRE time with no walking! Go Ava! Sadee is a natural of course and was way up ahead of us kicking butt with her friend Bryley... It was so fun to watch them run with their actually race numbers. It hadn't been more than 10 minutes after they finished when they both said they wanted to run again... SUCCESS!!

Here is their cute pic right before the race.



Watching the girls was the HIGHLIGHT of the race for me but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was excited about my OWN performance. I was disspointed I didn't AGAIN break 40 minutes but I DID WIN!! I won the the 10k and beat out Mara Briggs (way fast runner), and Katie Murry (SUPER fast cross-country girl). My husband says I should just face the facts that I, Kari, am FAST too. Faster, but seriously, I still feel like the runner who idolizes all these other amazing runners. I think I just set SUCH a high expectation for myself that I can't appreciate the victory I had today. It was a great win... and I even won MONEY!!! Check it out



I LOVED seeing and getting to talk with so many of the GREAT people I've met this year running. I know there is great people everywhere but seriously, runners are such cool people. Getting asked to run with Jeff Shadley, the LEGEND of running, who was lightening fast in Boston, come on, that is AMAZING!!! And meeting people like this...

Lynette Kunz. Mother of 8, athletic director, GORGEOUS, amazing runner, and about the warmest and most supportive person you'll meet.



But I had to smile when Sadee took this picture of me right before a run this week. I could almost pull off a real runner... check it out. I am NO Kara Goucher but hey, it's looking a little closer right? hahaha




I learned a lot from that race. I guess I learn a lot from all of them. It was a great day. And we even got to spend the afternoon up in Palisades touring a cabin that was SO nice it would take me pages to describe. A Chateu really. Check out the view..pictures do NO justice. It was gorgeous up there.



Then a barbeque with Dave's work and ya, that pretty much wraps up a Saturday for us. But tomorrow is Father's Day so the party keeps going.. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, you ARE AN AMAZING RUNNER! Oh my goodness, you are my inspiration and I want to be just like you. You are one awesome example for your girls and one FAST chica!

LOVE YOU!

Prudent Family said...

Kari!!! You ROCK!!! I was at that race doing the 5K and I actually yelled out your name when you passed me!!! Yes you passed me on my 5K while you were doing a 10K. I wanted to come talk to you after, but everytime I saw you you were busy talking to people so I didn't want to interrupt. I am happy you won. You are amazing...oh and I will take your body any day!!! Good job.

Matt and Jessie said...

Enjoy another victory!! You better get used to it!

jeffandbrianne said...

Tell Sadee and Ava they are my inspiration.