Monday, June 1, 2009

I NEVER follow the norm

And I mean that. When everyone wants sun, I'm enjoying the rain. When everyone is crying in a movie I am wondering what is so emotional. When everyone is happy the week is over, I am sad it's the weekend.

This is true.

So now it is summer and everyone is super happy and.... I'm still adjusting. I am used to, as are my girls, to being VERY busy. I function well on busy mornings and busy nights. In fact I will go as far as to say I am sad not to be in the gym teaching those cute 8th graders. My mom says I have become somewhat out-of-control. She recommends I slow WAY down and smell the flowers, watch Sadee play t-ball and teach Ava to ride a bike.

Which of course I still will but I'm being honest... I liked our schedule last week.

So think ill of me... I even do. But please, everyone out there with kids, let's get-together LOTS and Becky, count on me calling Danica for a hour here and there to run errands with JUST ME!

Told you I never follow the normal.

7 comments:

Larsen said...

There is no NORM. So you are just normal for you. I am still adjusting to the idea of summer, Cate home all day, again.

I love it, but wow, it's already been only one day, and I am pooped!

You are the funnest, so enjoy life how you live it....and while you do, teach Ava to ride that bike and T -Ball?? ARE YOU INSANE? Skip that! Bwahahahahh! Teasin!

Nancy said...

I hope that you guys have a great summer. We hope to see you guys around.

Ryan O'Berry said...

I can totally relate. I've been out of work for 7 months and I'm still not adjusting.

AO said...

Come and play with Collin, he needs entertainment all the time it seems.

Matt and Jessie said...

You are funny!! I love your honesty. I am sure that you will find ways to fill the summer and it will fly by. All I can say is that I am glad for the extra 30 minutes of sleep in the morning!! 5:30 felt like sleeping in this morning. Just think, we can crank up the miles for the next few months and then you can totally win St George!

jeffandbrianne said...

I do agree with being busy. It brings some sense of accomplishment to our minds. Just because your with your kids, get busy with them. Plan out activities you love to do with them. Life can be just as busy while you build the relationship your little girls need. Be BUSY WITH THEM. Take my advice for what its worth. I have only been married for two years and have no kids.
jeff

Anonymous said...

Can totally relate. If I don't find ways to keep busy I will go nuts. Bring your girls over anytime this summer. They keep my girls entertained. One of my goals is to get Ava to talk to me! (Or at least tell me if she likes bananas!) :)